For the first time such a dress appeared on the catwalks in the 60s and until now many women of fashion tend to buy such a thing every season for their wardrobe. His popularity is due to simplicity and versatility: the dress will suit slender girls, it will look perfect on plump, and also fits well into the woman's wardrobe "in position". This style also fell in love for a different reason: trapezoid things can be sewn with their own hands, using simple patterns, and pick up any accessories to them.
Photo of trapeze dresses without sleeves and with sleevesThe variety of tailoring options allows you to choose the ideal thing that corresponds to the features of the figure and emphasizes the individuality of the style. Black dress without sleeves - a universal element of any woman's wardrobe:
Stylish outfit with a short sleeve-flounce:
Casual version of the trapeze on a coquette with a ¾ sleeve:
On the next photo the youth model with guipure sleeve raglan:
Delicate whole-piece model in the floor, collar-boat:
Dress in the floor with a long sleeve and original feature - oblique hem:
Schemes of trapezium dresses with different sleevesFor beginners tailors will be very useful sewing schemes, according to which you can make a pattern for your figure. It should be taken into account that they are adjusted to the model parameters, so the specified dimensions of the parts are only approximate and their length and width should be calculated according to their own standards. Scheme of the model with a long sleeve and V-neck:
A model without sleeves, depending on the fabric used, can be made for both summer and cold season. If the product is intended for a pregnant woman, the width of the parts is corrected, as shown in the picture with red lines:
Universal scheme of the trapezoid of the American silhouette (raglan):
Using the following figure, you can sew a dress with a short sleeve:
The provided schemes can be downloaded for free and printed, then adjusted to their own sizes and used for cutting.
Step-by-step description of the pattern of a trapeze dressIt can be carried out with modeling on a pattern-based dress, which is represented in the following figure:
A simple step-by-step instruction will simplify its construction:
- Measure the following parameters and transfer them to the scheme: the length of the shoulder from the neck, the half-brow of the chest, the waist.
- The length of the product is up to you.
- The presence of trailing darts is characteristic only for models fitted in the hinges, in our case they are not needed.
- To deepen and expand the neck of the backrest, but not too much, as a short metal zipper can be sewn for the convenience of putting on the back.
- On the sides make a flare of each part to 6-7 cm, as it was indicated in red on one of the schematic descriptions:
- Conduct a new line of the side seam, taking into account the flare.
- On the shelves, close the breast tuck with a transfer to the side seam and shorten it by 1.5 centimeters.
Patterns of a dress the trapezoid of the big sizes (54-60)This style is popular in that it is suitable for the most complete and "complex" figures, when it is very difficult to pick up a thing that will sit well. Trapezium is the most advantageous in this respect, so things of this type are sewn up to the largest size - 60-62. Burda magazine offers a universal scheme of such a dress for fat women, which can be modeled for any features of the figure:
It is necessary to understand some features of cutting the material for sewing things of 54-60 sizes, since in these cases the back and the shelf do not pass in the same width of the material. It needs to be folded in two by the front side inward. The edges should not be combined, but they must go in parallel. At the same time, from the fold of the fabric to the edge, there should be room to fit the details of the backrest and shelf. Take into account the allowances for seams:
- lateral and shoulder - 1 cm;
- the lower one - 3.5 cm;
- on the anterior and elbow sections of the arm - 1 cm;
- its bottom is 2.5 cm.
Note! On the neck, sprout and pellet allowances are not needed. Curve the lines around the pattern and cloth to cut behind the line strokes. Remember that on the backrest parts (for larger sizes) there should be tapped darts. Now you can start cutting the material and sewing the product.
Tips: how to avoid mistakes when cutting a dress patternIn the process of cutting, do not forget the following points:
- Always leave allowances for several centimeters, especially if there is no great experience in tailoring. This is especially true for the details of the shelf, as it may be necessary to make adjustments for the girth of the chest. This will allow you to "fit" the product so that it fits perfectly.
- Before cutting, it is recommended to cut the patterns with pins to the fabric: so the layers of the fabric will not move.
- If the fabric has a directed pattern, you need to take this fact into account when cutting.
- It is recommended to leave the total length of the fitting before stitching the parts more than originally planned. Perhaps it will take a couple of centimeters to elongate, since it is difficult to completely calculate the ideal length of the product for the beginner to try on.