Life is a fragile and unimportant thing. Sooner or later, everyone appears before God, and there is nothing more mysterious and mythological than death. In the Christian religion, with death and funeral rites, there are many signs and superstitions. Their diversity and compliance rules depend on the country and its specific region. In many cases, they may vary slightly, but most accepts associated with funerals are one for all Christian believers.
The main people's signs of funerals
The tradition of funeral rite is strictly regulated. All stages of burial are accompanied not only by church rituals and canons, but also by a number of signs, the observance of which is intended to facilitate the transition of the deceased's soul to another world, and to ensure peace and prosperity to the living. The main signs, which our ancestors believed and followed, are grounded by long-term observations of people and high probability of their implementation in connection with the strong and heavy energy of death. From time immemorial, first of all at the funeral:
- Protected pregnant women. During pregnancy, women are contraindicated in any stress. Funeral and related experiences and worries negatively affect not only the psyche of a pregnant woman, but also her aura and energy of a future child. Therefore, the stay of pregnant women in the house where the deceased is located is undesirable. But if the presence at the funeral can not be avoided, then the woman leaves the house before the deceased is born out of it. It is believed that the soul of the deceased can take with him the soul of an unborn child.
- They took care of the children. The child's acrid and vulnerable aura should not be influenced by the heavy energy of death. During the whole process of funeral rites they are taken to be looked after in another house. If this condition is not observed, adults strictly monitor that the child does not remain alone with the deceased, could not take or put anything in the coffin, did not violate the ritual by noise and scream. These and other unconscious actions of the child are capable of causing trouble, illness or even the death of relatives.
- Observed mourning. Mourning sorrow and sadness for a deceased person has a specific duration, prescribed by Christian customs. Traditionally, mourning lasts one year. During this period, close relatives of the deceased wear dark clothes, women cover their heads with black shawls, the whole family does not participate in noisy festivities and does not arrange celebrations on the occasion of weddings and any family holidays. Fun, organized shortly after the death of a loved one, promises grief, a string of misfortunes or death to his relatives.
Signs during the preparation and conduct of the funeral rite
All the processes of preparing for funerals and burial of the body of the deceased accompany the obligatory signs:
- After the death of a person, mirrors and all mirror surfaces in the house are hung with a dense cloth. Mirrors are considered a "trap", in which not only the soul of the deceased can be reflected, but also be stuck before going to another world. Mirrored mirrors should be forty days, or even on those days when they remember the deceased.
- Water after washing the deceased is considered magically strong and is a powerful attribute for directing spoilage. Therefore, after washing the body of the deceased, water is poured into places where people do not walk, and soap, a comb and other objects that were used in the process of washing are put in a coffin.
- In the house where the deceased is located, spruce or pine branches are placed at the doorstep in order to protect people from the energy of death who will come to spend the last way of the deceased. Needles have the property of detaining negative energy, and people will not carry death to their home.
- Chairs, stools or benches on which the coffin was standing, after turning the deceased out of the house, are turned upside down. They can be returned to their usual position in a day. So the spirit of the deceased will not have a place to which he can return. To "cut" the energy of death in this place will help the ax, which also must lie there for a day.
- The floor in the house for the deceased is washed away with spring water so that the spirit of death can be removed from the premises with vigorous energy. Flush all rooms in the direction from the far corner to the front door. Death also does not return to the house, if the dead man sprinkles the road with rye.
- You can not cross the road of someone else's funeral procession, which meets on the way. It is believed that the person who made it is very likely to get sick and die, or to say goodbye to life for other reasons. However, if this rule is not violated, then to meet along the way a mourning is considered a good sign and promises good luck.
- The relatives of the deceased must throw to the grave on the lid of the coffin for a handful of earth. This ritual breaks the living and dead energy, and the relatives of the deceased person find peace. It is believed that when the earth from the hands of relatives and friends touches the surface of the coffin, the soul of the deceased will part with the body forever.
- After the funeral, the handkerchiefs with which the tears were wiped are thrown away, so as not to carry the grief into the house. Cemetery land with shoes removed for the same reason. Upon returning home, grief, sorrow and pain of loss from hands and face are also washed away.