In fact, there are only two options for healthy feeding of kittens: industrial feed of high quality (premium and super-premium) and natural food. True, the last point should not be confused with food from the general human table. The main rule is not to mix ready-made food with the so-called natural. This is especially dangerous for kittens, since their digestive system is not yet fully developed.
Natural food for the kitten
- Lean meat. You can give his kitten directly raw if you are sure of the quality and safety of the product. You can pre-scald the meat with boiling water, or you can (most optimally) bring to a boil and then in a cooled form give a kitten. Do not eat pork - there is too much risk of contracting diseases that are deadly to the cats. If you decide to feed the kitten with fresh products, then the meat should be at least 2/3 of the diet. And remember: paired meat for kittens (as well as for adult cats) is deadly dangerous! It is best that the meat is pre-frozen to exclude protein poisoning.
- Kashi, cooked from rice in half with buckwheat, is very useful for kittens. You can boil a noodle or broth, adding (for taste) a little meat.
- Liver, both beef and chicken are given to kittens no more than once a week. In the opposite case, rickets may develop with deformation of the skeleton.
- A hen and an Indian without bones must necessarily be in the diet of a kitten. The most expensive industrial kittens are completely based on turkey and chicken meat. Chicken bones can not be given to cats at any age - this threatens to perforate the stomach and intestines. For the youngest kittens (up to 4 months), it is better to roll the fillet of a bird through a meat grinder. Pieces with a long time in vmiske are weathered and digested worse.
- By-products-hearts, stomachs, kidneys, lungs, udders, etc. - to give the kitten in boiled form. Raw can cause severe upset stomach.
- Cooked vegetables. You can have any, except potatoes. Vegetables are very useful for cats, even necessary. The problem is only how to make them these same vegetables there. Perhaps it would be better to mix the meat and vegetables with broth in a blender or scroll through a meat grinder. Such a meat-vegetable forcemeat, many cats with pleasure eat all their lives, staying healthy and active. When buying frozen vegetable mixtures, you should avoid the presence of beans, peas and corn in them. Supplying meat and vegetables to the kitten's chair will not be quite firm - it's normal. It's not worth a scam, but it's necessary to keep the mild stool out of diarrhea. The peculiarity of vegetables is that they are not fully digested, but the organism will take all that is useful from them.
- Eggs. They are necessary for kittens as a source of special microelements. 1 egg a week should be fed to the kitten necessarily in its raw form. Remember: boiled eggs are not digested by the cat's body.
- Curd. Kotyatam (as well as children) is more like a sweetened cottage cheese with the addition of sour cream. You can just buy loose curd, or you can - special children. In addition, it is possible to give a dietary curd of soft varieties in "sausages", preferably with sluggish fat content.
- Kefir. Very useful for kittens. They usually drink it with pleasure, but some are intolerant. In general, whole milk is poorly administered by all cats over 3 months old (it causes diarrhea in them), akefir and cottage cheese are eaten with a hunt and without consequences. The main thing is not to think that if the kitten drinks kefir, then he does not need water. This is not true! Clean water should always be freely available to a cat of any age.
- Cheese. Vumerennyh quantities it is useful, but an overabundance gives an excessively tough wool coat. 1-3 times a week cheese of solid sorts will not hurt, but only diversify the nutrition of your kitten.
- Separately it is necessary to say that any dairy products need to be introduced into the diet gradually, since at first light gastric upsets are not ruled out. It is best to feed the kitten with boiled meat and gradually introduce into his diet those foods that you plan to give him in the future. Sharp transitions from one type of feeding to another will inevitably cause an upset stomach.
It is better not to feed the kitten with dry food of the "economy" class. Very large percentage of animals that have received serious diseases. Often incompatible with life, a constant diet of such feed. Canned the same "economical" firms you can give, but you need to remember that they have a lot of flavor enhancers. That is, the animal then does not want anything else. In addition, canned food contains many-water plants and relatively little digestible substances.
Dry feeds better to buy premium class or super-premium. Small kittens for dry feed gradually. At first, the granules are softened in water, chicken broth or lean yogurt. It is necessary to wait a little while the food swells, having absorbed all the moisture, and then give the kitten. The stomach and intestines of the kitten are very tender, so hard granules of dry food can cause microcracks. The stool of the kitten will become an admixture of blood, there will be a danger of infection.
Feeding with dry food should be watched to ensure that the kitten has fresh water, and that it was a lot. It is advisable to defend the water for a day in the bank, and to pour it into the drinking bowl. So you will be sure that bleach from the water has evaporated completely. Also, feeding with dry food does not exclude herbal supplements for cats. You can buy herbs in a pet store, or you can grow them from seeds yourself. Usually kittens are given germinated wheat or oats. Cereals grow rapidly, and a week later they can offer a kitten. Provide him to the grass free access - let him eat it directly "from the garden." If you put a grassy "bed" in a container of water, then the grass will remain fresh for a long time.
Kittens often refuse to eat from a bowl. It is possible at first to offer food from the hand. Be sure that the kitten will get used and will not eat anything else. Usually, kittens quickly cease to "be capricious," and the problem turns out to be forever resolved. Kitten 4 months to feed 5-6 times, and after 5 months - 3 times. By kotorokushku can be translated into two meals, and you can continue to feed 3 times - to whom as it is more convenient.
It is permissible to provide the kitten with constant access to food. True, it is suitable only for dry feeds. It is hardly convenient to leave fresh food in a bowl for a long time. In general, cats rarely overeat, but if the extra weight becomes noticeable, it is time to feed the kitten by the clock. In contrast to dogs, in cats the stomach principle is not adapted to accommodate large amounts of food at once. In nature, the feline is oriented to small birds and rodents, and not to the carcass of a deer at once, like wolves.
There are products that can not be given to kittens never and under no circumstances. This is a pair of meat, pork, butter and any fats. The first two points can be fatal for cats, and the last two cause the strongest diarrhea. If you follow the above recommendations, your kitten will grow and develop properly.