How often do we face the situation when a child or an adult experiences hysterics, or when a person cries. These moments are always unpleasant, both for the sufferer himself and for those who surround him. Consider how to provide psychological help, how to help with hysterics and crying to someone who is affected by stress.
How to help prieysterike
Hysterics is a strong emotional excitement, which is characterized by a multitude of movements (sometimes even by theatrical gestures and postures), as well as emotional speech, cries, tears. The hysteria is mainly characteristic of the creative, easily excitable people. It is also typical for children, because they do not yet manage to control their emotional state, as well as desires. Let's consider how to help a person with hysterics.
- From the room remove strangers, create the most peaceful setting. Also, secure your location near the person who "rolled" the hysterics. Away from the close, remove all sharp objects: knives, forks, figurines, etc.
- Distract, who fell into hysterics, sudden unexpected action - climb on the windowsill, clap your hands, drop the chair. Some psychotherapists advise even to slap, but we believe that this method is only for the muzhsky sex is applicable. A woman like this behavior can be very insulting.
- Apply the method of the "Chinese mirror" - repeat all the movements for the person, build different grimaces, showing how bad it looks now. The victim always subconsciously understands that he behaves theatrically, and, perhaps, disgustingly plays, because the critic's criticism will stop him. This method works well with children, because the crooked adult will surprise them, and maybe even laugh. A small adviser: if your baby has a fit of hysterics, beat yourself. So you will let the child know how painfully you are wounded by his words. At first he will be surprised, and then he will rush to pity you.
- Refrigerate the victim - pour water from the bottle, with washing water, it is possible (if the weight allows) to take it to the shower. Cold water will necessarily distract his attention and reduce emotional distress.
- Talk to the person with short command phrases. For example, "Come with me!", "Drink water!", "Sit down!", Etc. At this moment, short-phrases are especially valuable, as they help to reach the victim's consciousness and bring him back to normal condition.
- Do not indulge your desires for hysteria, for he will feel "weak" in you, and will use this behavior in the form of blackmail. If a person insists on his own, tell him sharply that you refuse to discuss anything in such circumstances.
- In most cases, after hysteria, people have a loss of strength. It is recommended to put the person in bed. If necessary, give him a little tincture of motherwort or hawthorn. It is also good to give a drink to the warm sweet tea.
How to help with crying
Each of us has ever cried. They say that "I'll help you with tears," but the fact that crying relieves stress a little and calms down is a fact. And this is explained by the fact that in the process of crying a mechanism is connected, which reduces the excitation of the cerebral cortex. In addition, the tears released during the wailing process are healing. They reduce pain, remove human organism and salts from the body, and also strengthen the process of recovery, as well as recovery.
It is for this reason that experts advise that if something tragic for a person happens and you want to cry, do not hold back. And when there is a close person nearby, with whom one's misfortune can be divided, it will be much better.
How can you help a person cry?
- Do not leave a crying person alone when he is not against the presence. Let him feel that you are near - hug, stroke on the head, put your hand on your shoulder, lay on the bed and cover with a blanket, water it.
- As much as possible talk with the crying person, encourage him to tell what happened, but questions should be asked carefully. Listen attentively to it, nod your head, say "understand", "yeah", "well understandable", "by itself", etc.
- Repeat for the man of his phrases, where he describes his feelings. For example, "I feel very sorry ..." "I understand that this is very insulting," or "It's so bad to face betrayal ... - Of course, it's bad," etc.
- Try to talk about your feelings about this or that situation.
- Beware of excessive sympathy and pity. You can say one time: "I'm sorry for you," but do not get carried away with phrases, for example, "You're so good, why did he give you up?", "You tried, but you're not out of place, poor thing," etc. At the moment of weeping, excessive pity is dangerous, because she is crying induces once again to regret herself, but this only prolongs stress, plachachinaetsya again.
- It is necessary to beware of excessive praise, flattery. We are perfectly aware that you really want to raise the victim's self-esteem. However, unnatural praise, especially flattery, can the crying cause unnecessary annoyance, even aggression towards you.
- Do not give advice, it can also cause irritation and aggression. At this moment a person needs to throw out emotions, calm down, but there is no power to solve problems while the one is away.
- Do not calm the crying, but on the contrary, stimulate to cry. Let a man out of himself throw out all the suffering, resentment and fear. If you notice that he is shy with you crying - get out of the room.
And in spite of the fact that hysterics and crying are a protective reaction to stressful situations, one should not let things go by themselves, leave a close-minded person without support. It must be remembered that post-traumatic stress disorder can only be won together.