Can yoga really be used to lose weight? Definitely, the answer is "Yes." But this does not mean that you immediately notice the disappearance of extra pounds. After all, in fact, this teaching is aimed at a complex influence on the body and morale.
- Excess weight will start to go away after quite long, and most importantly - regular classes. This will be possible only after the body is cleansed of toxins and harmful salts.
- Since yoga lessons are not just a complex of physical exercises, but also a kind of psychological load, you will be less stressed. A correct approach to employment improves the isolation of insulin from the pancreas, which in turn, promotes more active digestion of food, and hence weight loss.
- In addition to special exercises (asanas), you will need to learn how to control your consciousness and eat right. This will help you a good instructor. But, if you do not have such an opportunity, you can always do yoga yourself, using video lessons.
Features and varieties of yoga
Unlike other physical activities, which are more aimed at force and stretching of muscles, yoga affects the body in a complex way.
- During the exercise, several muscle groups are straining at once, and due to proper breathing, metabolism is accelerated. It is recommended to breathe not with the breast, but with the stomach, so that the life-giving oxygen reaches all the corners of the lungs.
- Ashtanga yoga is considered the most effective for improving physical fitness. But without a certain preparation, you can not immediately begin to study. The fact is that asanas change in it pretty quickly with some transitions from one posture to another.
- Bikram yoga is aimed precisely at losing weight. This is a kind of power variant of oriental gymnastics. Asanas are combined with aerobics, and there are no breaks between them. Instead, you will need to do respiratory gymnastics and stretching. Nevertheless, such exercises will suit those who do not have special training.
By the way, you can easily check the competence of your coach. Ideally, for practicing this type of yoga, conditions should be created that are as close as possible to the Indian climate. That is, the temperature is about forty degrees and about the same humidity. So you will sweat more, and harmful substances will leave the body.
Despite the apparent ease of training, be sure to consult a doctor if you have such a condition:
- Disorders in the work of the cardiovascular system
- Serious lung problems (eg, tuberculosis or pneumonia)
- Diseases of the blood
- Central Nervous System Disorders
Recommendations in the end
Since yoga should ideally be practiced four times a week, you will most likely have to learn lessons from the Internet. But there are general rules for preparing for independent studies.
- Be sure to ventilate the room before starting workout.
- All exercises are done on a special mat and without shoes.
- During breathing exercises, you can breathe only with your nose.
- Classes are best done in the morning or an hour before bedtime.
- Be sure to begin training only after full digestion of food or even on an empty stomach.
Taking into account our recommendations and with your own willpower, you can quickly bring your body into a good sporting form.