People's weather signs are a long-standing knowledge of the people and generations passed on to each other about the most different signs that tell what the weather will be like in the future. Often, the omen has its roots in the distant pagan past. Without knowing, it was not live - it was for them to determine when to harvest, when to sow and so on. Now mostly we learn the weather from weather reports, but this does not mean that the signs have stopped working. They can be used now, if there is such a need.
The attitude of meteorologists to the signs of weather
Most of the people's opinions are qualified meteorologists consider quite useless. These are such signs as "Dogs are rolling on the ground - there will be snow or rain", "If a dog eats a little and sleeps a lot - to the rain", etc. However, there are a number of signs, like "The violet has blossomed - it's time to plant parsley", "The earrings appeared on the maple - it's time to sow beets", "If the leaves at the birch are fully turned, then you can plant potatoes" are really justified - they take into account how the plants behave in a natural environment and under what conditions begin to bloom, open up, change the smell and show other signs indicating changes in weather conditions.
Examples will take the weather
And nature itself, and everything connected with it in one way or another, can serve as signs for predicting the weather, but few people notice it. Below are the most reliable signs on which you can find out the upcoming weather:
- By smoke from a pipe or from a fire - if the smoke rises to the sky vertically upwards, then the weather will be clear, and if it flies away in some kind of shreds in different directions - wait for the weather;
- At sunrise the sky is red - soon it will rain;
- Many plants before the rain get rid of excess moisture, as if "crying" for some time before the shower;
- Very good feel the weather changes, many insects. If you notice that the ants hide their pupae deeper into the anthill or that the bees fly in small flocks rather than one by one - you should hurry up to the roof or check if you have an umbrella - it will soon rain. Also, many parasites, such as flies, mosquitoes, flies before the rain bite a bit stronger than at normal times;
- A lot of scientific research shows that the fish feel very good weather. If there is soon a slight rain, then the fish goes deeper, and if a strong thunderstorm occurs, the fish first jumps out of the water, and then falls as deeply as possible. Even aquarium fish react to weather changes - if they dig for a long time at the bottom of the aquarium, then the weather will be clear, if they keep closer to the surface, it will most likely soon rain;
- There are many weather signs that predict the weather for the behavior of ordinary frogs. If a lot of frogs sit on land, it will soon rain. If frogs croak loudly in the evening, then the next day the weather will be clear and sunny;
- Many people have seen how in the sunny weather on the shore of the pond crawls crawl out, but few know that this is a sure sign of an early rain;
- Can predict the weather and birds. If the sparrows all the time seem to "bathe" in the dust, it means that it will rain soon. Also, before the rain, many birds sit on trees and shout loudly;
- If you have a dog at home, you can try to observe her behavior. If your dog tumbles on the ground, it is likely that the weather will soon deteriorate, as well as if it digs a lot in the ground. But if the dog sleeps spreading paws, then the weather will be warm and clear;
- Much more sensitive to weather changes cat. If the cat is licked for a long time, it will soon be very bad weather, if the licking of the tail, it will rain, and if it is just fast asleep, it is likely to be warm and sunny.
Of course, in this list were not listed all the signs that over the years were circulating among the people, but this list is often enough to be able to recognize in time the approaching bad weather, even if nothing previously foreshadowed bad weather. It is very useful knowledge will take the fisherman and hunters - so that the rain that began does not catch them unawares. Yes, and an ordinary person can come in handy of this knowledge. So success to you and great weather!