Usually parents, when talking about preparing children for school, first of all pay attention to the development of teaching skills (reading, writing, counting). But this is not the most important thing. It is much more important to prepare a child psychologically. There are five components of readiness for school.
1. Motivational readiness. This refers to the interest in the school, the desire to go to school, the desire to learn new things. Ask the child a few questions: "Do you want to go to school?", "What is the most important in it?", "And what's the most interesting?" etc.
If it turns out that the child has a very rough idea about the school, that it is not interesting for him even to talk about it, you need to seriously think about the formation of his motivational readiness. Try to do so that the child himself wants to learn, and did not go to school, because that's what Mom wants, because all the children are learning.
2. Willed readiness. At school the child will meet with the need to do not what you want, but what you need. And if he is not accustomed to this, it will be difficult for him to get used to discipline, to subordinate his desires to the requirements of the teacher and the interests of the class.
3. Intellectual readiness, i.e. the corresponding stock of knowledge and ideas, the ability to perform mental work. As you can see, this is not the only, but also an important component of the child's readiness for school.
By the age of 6-7, the child usually has a significant vocabulary (up to 4-5, sometimes up to 7 thousand words). Many know the alphabet, numbers, begin to read, know how to write a few words. But it's not even the amount of this "baggage", but the ability, the desire to learn, to learn new things.
The period of endless "why?" - a regular stage in the life of the child, and adults should not brush off these questions, even if they irritate their illogic. If you were patient and attentive to your kid before school, you could answer all his questions, you did much more to prepare him for serious study than if you were trying frantically trying to learn new rhymes with him, in recent months , numbers.
4. Ability to hear and listen to an adult, control their activities.
5. Physical readiness. By the age of 6, the basic orientation of physical preparation of children for school has already been passed. The child can perform various sports exercises, well-mastered basic movements. The main motor qualities include strength, agility, speed, endurance. In terms of physical education and health, all children are divided into special groups at the school for physical education: basic, preparatory and special.
Actually, already in the kindergarten children were engaged in physical education taking into account health and certain skills and abilities, only the loads were different. But the child's physical readiness for school implies not only his success in physical education. By the time of admission to school, the child must have certain parameters of weight, height, circumference of the breast, a certain number of milk teeth, some of which are already beginning to change to permanent. He must have a certain strength of his hands to keep a pen or pencil in his hand and not get tired during writing. He at this age actively improves the functions of various organs and systems, there is an increase in the mass of larger muscles, the volume of active movements in large joints increases.
And if all the parameters specified during the examination of the child fit into the data of the tables on which we conduct an assessment of physical development, we can draw a conclusion that will be very important for the child - "physically ready for school". So, I am ready physically, mentally prepared, ready motivationally and voluntarily, socially and psychologically. If everything is so, then the child is ready completely.
Will your child take school if he is not yet six years old?
The law on education says that in our country children begin to learn from the age of six. But if you are sure that the child is ready physically, mentally, motivationally, then you can not refuse to accept documents. Data on the child after testing will be transferred to the RONO, and from there to the Education Committee. The final decision will be made by the Ministry of Education.
What you need to know and be able to the child entering the 1st grade?
• their passport data (last name, first name, patronymic, date of birth, home address);
• determine by the hour the time to within an hour;
• Know the numbers from 0 to 9, counting up to 20 in the forward and backward direction (when enrolling in some gymnasiums they control the account in reverse order through the "one");
• know the name of the pores of the year, days of the week;
• Know what a point, line, sharp angle and blunt.
All this is known to the kids, who are trained in the garden under a special program dedicated to determining the child's readiness for school. And learning to read, write, and score is the task of primary school.