Massage of the lacrimal canal: preparation
Before approaching this responsible procedure, you need to prepare:
- Wash hands with disinfectants;
- Cut off the nails (it is desirable to cut them completely), so as not to accidentally touch the delicate skin of the child or damage the eye;
- You can use special medical gloves;
- Prepare a solution of furacilin, in a ratio of 1 to 5000. It should be slightly warm, but not hot;
- Buy vitabact or prepare a 0.25% solution of levomycetin.
Massage for dacryocystitis: a technique
After simple preparations are made, you can take for the most important thing - to save the child from purulent formations in the eye area.
The scheme of actions is as follows:
- Finger pillow should be slightly pressed on the corner of the child's eyes from the inside. The finger should be turned towards the bridge of the nose when pressed;
- It is easy to start pressing, not forgetting that in the area of the lacrimal sac are still not strengthened cartilage, in addition, the child's bones are weak enough, so measure the force of pressure. Gradually accumulated pus in the pouch will come out;
- Remove the purulent mucus with a clean swab, which must be moistened in a furacelin mixture. Also warmed with a solution of furacilin (1 to 5000), drip a sore eye;
- Continue massaging along the nose from top to bottom and vice versa;
- Swipe your lacrimal sac with your fingers, with a slight pressure from the top down. If necessary - several times to perform movement, the purpose of which is to break the film to allow purulent connections to leave the channel without hindrance;
- After performing massage actions 3-5 times, drip the eyes with vitabaktom or levomitsetinom.
Tips and features for the massage of the lacrimal canal
Massage is done mainly in order to avoid a not very pleasant and painful procedure of sensing, and to really help, use the tips below:
- It is desirable to repeat the procedure 5-6 times a day for two weeks;
- It is ideal to do massage while crying baby;
- Be sure to consult with a doctor who will suggest additional techniques when performing a massage;
- The earlier you start treatment with massage, the better. Cork from pus and mucus with the growth of the child will become denser, which will lead to severe pain;
- 14-18 days is the time when a tear duct massage should help. If this does not happen, do not postpone the probing procedure and contact the specialists.
Video of the massage of the lacrimal canal in dacryocystitis
In the network there are several good videos of the massage of the tear duct, as well as transmissions that explain the processes of stagnation in the tear duct in children.