Often, you will have to pass urine tests, because it is this product of the body's vital activity that can reflect possible problems with certain organs. But an extract with figures will say little to an uninitiated person. Therefore, try to understand the decoding.
What tests usually take during pregnancy?
There are several studies that can assign a woman.
- First of all, a general analysis is given. It shows physical and chemical properties. By color, transparency and smell, experts can say a lot about the state of the mother's body. Also pay attention to the cells contained in urine and various additives (protein, sugar, salts and bacteria).
- Additional analysis for Nechiporenko is prescribed to study the percentage of white blood cells and erythrocytes in more detail.
- Analysis of Zimnitskiy is a complex study of the work of the kidneys and urine for him is collected within 24 hours.
The last two studies are prescribed in cases of special problems, usually limited to general clinical analysis.
Explanation of results
Let's consider each point in detail in order to understand what problems can be brought by certain identified elements.
- Leukocytes. Usually the norm of their content is 6-8 units. In case of excess, inflammation in the bladder, kidneys or urinary canals is possible.
- Protein. Ideally, it should not be at all. Supersensitive equipment can catch tiny lobes, but this is usually not appreciated. If the protein is found, it can be a sign of a very serious illness: pyelonephritis or the occurrence of late toxicosis. Less often, it gets into the urine with strong physical exertion or after the transferred stress.
- Acetone. This product of incomplete protein breakdown is usually excreted from the body with urine. But if it is too much, this indicates that the protein (the main building material of our body) is disintegrating too much. The causes of the appearance of acetone in the urine of pregnant women may be malnutrition (too much fatty and little protein), hunger or the effects of severe toxemia.
- Bacteria suggest that the mother may have an initial stage of cystitis or other kidney diseases.
- Erythrocytes should be absent in the urine of a pregnant woman. Most likely, the doctor will prescribe a repeated analysis, but in any case, these cells may indicate a gynecological disease or a violation of the kidneys.
- Sugar (glucose). In the second trimester, it can be present in small amounts, since the mother's body accumulates glucose. But in high doses, sugar will mean the development of diabetes.
- Muddy urine in any case should cause caution, since it can indicate a large number of salts or even pus in the body.
- Oxalates in the urine will appear due to the development of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract or after severe stress. The presence of ketones indicates an incorrect diet, poisoning with heavy substances or alcohol.
- If salt is found in urine, this may indicate the formation of kidney stones. Usually for a more correct study, ultrasound is prescribed.
In any case, after finding one of the listed elements in excess, the doctor will have to immediately prescribe the treatment.