At the moment, two types of Thai massage are widely practiced. Let's talk about them a little more.
- Common. It is his practice in exotic salons in our homeland or for tourists who have come to Thailand or other Asian countries. And although there are many subspecies of this massage, the main distinguishing feature is the use not only of the fingers and palms, but also of other parts of the body: elbows, shoulders, knees, feet, and in some cases even apply breast massage. It is necessary to maintain close physical contact with the patient.
- Royal. A distinctive feature is that the masseur moves along the patient on his knees and keeps a distance. For the procedure, only the thumbs are used, less often the palms, the patient does not need to lie down, the masseur does everything himself.
What is the effect of the massage?
For those who have not tried such a procedure, it will be interesting to know what it affects and what results to expect.
- The massaged area intensively warms up, edema is eliminated and blood circulation improves.
- The body emits toxins, relaxes the muscles and tendons.
- The nervous system is activated.
- Adjusted breathing.
- If Thai massage is carried out in the abdomen, the digestive tract is stabilized.
- Improves skin condition and smoothes scars due to a large influx of blood to the surface of the skin.
There are also some contraindications
- Elevated body temperature or any other signs of fever or infectious disease
- Inflammation or damage to muscles and tissues
- Do not massage in the area of fresh fractures or strains
- Skin diseases of an infectious nature. If the disease is not contagious, massage can be done, but not in the affected area
- Alcoholic intoxication
- Do not let the massage on an empty stomach or after a plentiful meal. In the first case, the patient is offered a light snack, and in the second, the poses that will squeeze the stomach should be avoided.
Massage and sex
We could not ignore the stereotype of Thai massage. Most of our fellow citizens believe that this technique is directly related to sensual or sexual pleasure and is carried by the breast. But actually it is not.
Such a prejudiced attitude arose just a few decades ago, when Thailand (the birthplace of massage) became a place of pilgrimage for tourists who wanted to try exotic sex. It did not do in such institutions without massage.
But in fact, the traditional method of Thai massage in oriental medicine has absolutely nothing to do with sexual pleasures. During the session, both the patient and the masseur are fully dressed, and the specialist never touches any intimate areas of his client.
First and foremost, Thai massage is aimed at improving the condition of the body, toning the skin and regulating the work of internal organs. Of course, you can master the technique of doing it yourself, by watching several video lessons.